Diego had a run-in with a Nissan Sedan today. On the right side of his booty. I had kids in my car, too. We weren't moving and they haven't said anything about anything hurting. My neck is sore though -- I think I was watching the car hit us in the mirror and really tensed up. Of course, sleeping on a couch so I will be close to a/c might not be too good either.
Anyway, today was the last day of music camp. My stupid set guy had his crap all over my stage yesterday so my actors couldn't rehearse on the stage like we planed. And this morning we show up and my set is set up incorrectly. So Elsa and I (Ok, mostly Elsa, because I'm not very strong. . .That's OK -- I don't have to be. I just surround myself with strong people) shoved the set the best we could out of the way. SO then, we were not where I planned for us to be and everyone kept trying to tell my kids to move (after I told them not to, just chill and we would fix it later). I got so frustrated I had to walk away. . .But, after some chill time and a good long chat with some good friends (and a good cry), it was fine.
I've 'bout had it up to my eyeballs twice with OBnoxious children who do not listen and who blatantly ignore or disrespect instruction. HAD IT. I am done. Stick a fork in me, done. Thank GOD today was the last day.
We sang at the Rough Riders game tonight -- the National Anthem -- and I got to go on the field and take pictures. I felt special. . .Even though, I wasn't really -- it was just good. AND they won! AND they do this thing called Smash Inning and they choose someone who registers before the game to win $500 if a Rough Rider hits a homerun in a particular inning. Well, it was the 5th inning that was the "smash inning" and the FIRST PITCH -- knocked it over the wall! I was so excited -- even though I didn't win the money our section won free burgers. . .I just really love baseball. It was my first game of the season. I, of course, got a hotdog because baseball and hot dogs just go together. Like mac-n-cheese or peanut butter and jelly or green eggs and ham.
. . .I wish I had all the money in the world. I want someone to wash my hair everyday. Like, get it washed everyday. Like, go to the salon and have it washed and scrubbed everyday. I love for people to play in my hair. . .well, not ALL people. Kids with sticky hands, no. But people who tell me my hair is amazing, yes. I did nothing to make my hair fabulous -- God did. And I am very VERY grateful.
Now that I have bored all of my readers to tears with auto accidents, crying fits, ill- behaved children, baseball, food and fabulous hair -- I'll leave you with a random fact. . . enjoy!
Goats' eyes have rectangular pupils.
No comments:
Post a Comment