I don't have an answer. I'm probably the queen for forgetting, I was just . . . thinking. Knowing that I can only change one person and not the whole world, even though my way is (of course) better than everyone else's. (Please note the sarcasm).
"I know you can do all things, and no purpose of yours can be thwarted. . .I had heard of you by the hearing of the ear, but now my eye sees you. Therefore, I despise myself and repent in dust and ashes" Job 42:2, 5-6
Tuesday, February 22
Perspective
We have lost our perspective, generally speaking. We forget, or never really knew, what is important -- truly important. When we're engaged, we focus more on the wedding than our actual marriage and we're surprised when it isn't what we dreamed it would be. When we're pregnant, we focus more on the pregnancy than the life forming inside. When our babies are born, we focus on the adult they'll become and not the child they are. We think that because we, as adults, are bored with something then obviously our children will be, too. Even though they have never experienced it. We have forgotten where the boundaries are, if there are any left. We forget that our actions really do affect other people, and not just at that moment, but often much later down their road, too. We forget that we are not the ones who have control -- of anything. Of the weather, of other people, of life. We want to be the "best" and "win" at everything but we forget that that really means we probably aren't gaining much at all. We forget that what really matters is how you lived. We forget that we are creatively and intelligently designed (isn't that much more comforting than just "appearing"?).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Categories
- Life (1)
- moving (3)
- Music camp (1)
No comments:
Post a Comment