I wonder -- not so silently, either -- when I will stop thinking in life in terms of "semesters". New Year's Day means nothing to me; that should happen on the first day of class. So this is like I've been in school way too long if I only think of things in terms of semesters. Summer and spring breaks are pretty worthless at this point so is Christmas break and every other "break" that the scholarly world rejoices over with exceedingly great joy.
It's a funny spot -- this in-between -- because I'm still in school, yes, but I also have a job that doesn't revolve around school. So, it is not feasible to take off a week at spring break. My brain wants to. My body wants sunlight, but I can't.
I mean, if I had a family (extra emphasis on the fricative, thank you very much Elsa) then I could take off a week at spring break. Assuming, of course, there was a salaried type job that allowed for vacation and all that business as opposed to the hourly wages I make currently.
I'm 23. Twenty-three. Most of the people I know who are my age have real jobs. With adult things like benefits and health insurance. I am a nomad. Thankful I have a place of my own for the time being, but still, a nomad. Perhaps the focus should be on God. And what's He is trying to teach me. Frankly, I am weary of the cryptic teaching code He employs. I want, wish, crave, yearn for, desire something more.
I'm just not sure what I want more of. I have two jobs -- so, plenty of work. I am in school -- plenty of that.
Maybe it's more of this person they call Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment