Monday, August 10

Titles are the bane of my existence. . .

I really and truly started this blog because I thought I would have something exciting to talk about. Yet -- nothing. The summer was busy, I feel like I worked my rear-end off in a dead-end job, I'm about to move back into a DORM room, I don't have a job, and I need to buy a refrigerator. Oh -- and textbooks.

I have done really nothing remarkably fun or interesting this summer. I suppose I have just entered into real adulthood -- ya know the vortex where summer isn't really a "vacation", but just another HOT day at the office. Which, by the way, is a pain to get dressed for. Because, it's hot. And secondly -- it's hot.

I've had not the time nor the money to go to movies, or six flags, or the aquarium. . .or anything remotely fun. So I've had no blog fodder. . .

At any rate, I DID get a chance to go see Julia and Julie and I wholeheartedly recommend it! (it has some "adult" language though). Meryl Streep is incredible. Absolutely amazing. Stanley Tucci is just so stinkin' cute. Amy Adams is fantastic -- stepping up from her typical "dumb blond" roles. I just loved it. It was funny -- laugh out loud funny; it was sad, it was happy, it was just good. Nora Ephron wrote and directed it, so there's little wonder as to its excellent quality. I want to see it again. I want to own it and I want Meryl Streep and Amy Adams to both get Oscar nods. Not that I have much control over that last one. But there were fabulous. Go see it!

It's a beautiful day right now. It doesn't look hot, but it probably is. I am going to go practice. . .I have an audition on Monday and I'm really nervous. eep!

Go see Julia and Julie. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Categories