Thursday, June 11

arggggh!

Yesterday. . .wow.

Music camp began at 9:00Am. I showed up, a little later than normal, around 8:40ish. It was what it was -- music camp. Busy busy non-stop until about 2:00. Music camp ended at 2:00PM BUT I had rehearsal at 2. We rehearsed for about an hour and 15 minutes and then I had about 30 minutes to shift gears to the other rehearsal I had at 4:00PM. We waited around for about a half hour before we finally just blocked one scene with only TWO of the SIX actors. As soon as THAT rehearsal was over I scurried over to building F (children's building) and set up our room to have ANOTHER rehearsal at 6:30 that evening. I posted some signs telling folks where to go and set up a sign-in sheet before I left at about 5:40. I ran home and had just enough time to go to the bathroom and eat some mexican rice and leave again.

So -- I'm pretty pooped at this point. I get to rehearsal and we're rehearsing with 2 first graders, 3 third graders, 1 fourth grader, 1 fifth grader and two sixth graders when one of our moms runs into our room and sternly says, "we have to get to the downstairs boys' bathroom -- NOW" . . . ohhh goody. We all line up (Vicki, Elsa and me plus Vicki's kindergartener, Gina and all of the aforementioned kids plus the mom who alerted us of the tornado and another mom and her 4 year old and sixth grade boys.) We all cram into the bathroom, trying to get these kids to NOT spaz so we just continue our rehearsal -- in the bathroom.

About a half hour or so later we get the all clear to go home. So I go home. I'm pulling up to the house and notice that the porch light is not on. I remember turning it on before I left and I was the last one out and no one else came home, so it should still be on. I'm thinking that maybe the bulb burned out. UH -- NO. The electricity was out and stayed out until after 3:15AM. I know this because that's what time I FINALLY fell asleep.

So -- I'm pretty pooped this morning, but music camp started at 9:00AM today, too. And, I have rehearsal until 2:00PM and then ANOTHER rehearsal at 2 -- 'til who knows when.

And, I still have lines to learn, a play to block and a set to set up. I'm tired.


That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Categories